Finance & Fundraising
Running a parish such as St Andrew’s necessitates a substantial income to finance the three main categories of expenditure.
- The first and major portion of our income is required to finance the worship, ministry and mission of the Church. In 2013, for instance, this amounted to in excess of £100,000, a large proportion of which is our share of the expenses of the diocese and the wider church.
- After these main costs have been met, any remaining income is deposited in a special fund from which our second category of expenditure is paid: repairs to the fabric of the church.
- The majority of our income is raised through regular giving by members of the congregation.
- Income is raised by special fund-raising activities to finance the third category ~ development & improvements to the building and its facilities.
- We also support a number of charities, collecting money or raising it through specific appeals or activities.
If you wish to financially support the Church there are three main methods by which you can make donations to church funds:
- By direct debit from your bank account
- By a weekly envelope scheme
- By placing your donation in the collection basket at services.
Tax payers are encouraged to sign a Gift Aid Declaration which enables the PCC to reclaim the tax on donations at no extra cost to the donor. Yellow Gift Aid envelopes are also available in Church.
For further information please contact: Mr. Barry Holliss, Acting Treasurer, Tel. 01263 710160.
Leaving a Legacy
“Once you have made provision for your loved ones, you have the opportunity to make a lasting gift to God, by leaving a legacy to His church. A gift in your Will to your parish church is one of the most valuable and lasting ways you can continue to support its mission and ministry within your community.” It is an expression of your gratitude and thanksgiving towards God, and can help keep your church alive, and help transform its future.
At St Andrew’s we welcome all gifts in Wills, however large or small, and we promise to use your gift to make a difference in our parish. Our PCC legacy policy is to use gifts to help fund significant development projects, whether buildings, equipment or staff.
Since needs change over the years, we encourage you to leave a gift in your Will for the general purposes of the parish rather than for a restricted purpose. We will discuss possible uses of your gift with your executors when the time comes, bearing in mind your known areas of interest in the church (e.g. music, buildings, children and youth, overseas mission or aid) and church priorities at the time. You can be confident that your gift will be used to make a real difference to our future mission and ministry.
We will acknowledge gifts in whatever way the donor and/or his/her executors feel most appropriate. For St Andrew’s Church, our usual procedure is that all gifts are publicly recorded in the St Andrew’s Church Book of Gifts. We can make sure that gifts remain anonymous if the donor prefers.
If you would like to talk to someone in confidence about the sorts of purposes your gift might fund, and how (if) you would like your gift to be acknowledged, please contact the Rector or one of the Churchwardens.
If you would like to make a gift to our church in memoriam, please come and discuss this with us too. It can be a wonderful and appropriate way to remember a loved one.
If you are interested in finding out more about this scheme please go to the following link: www.churchlegacy.org.uk